Please scroll down for full photo gallery.
Little Dutch Church, 2393 Brunswick St., Halifax
Built at the corner of Brunswick and Gerrish streets in Halifax around 1755, the Little Dutch Church was used as a meeting house for German-speaking Lutherans.
It was moved in 1756. Four years later a steeple was added and it was dedicated as a church.
Its significance as a provincial heritage site is partly related to the fact that the majority of non-British Protestant immigrants to Halifax between 1749 and 1752 were German-speaking Lutherans.
Click on thumbnail Press F11 for full screen. Right click to download.